Last updated: May 2018
Wifins, a company operating under the laws of Greece, registered in Rafina Attika (1 Fleming Avenue), represents the sole administrator of the domain name Wifins.com and the website thereunder www.wifins.com (hereinafter “the Website”) and is deemed as the Data Controller of the personal data we collect and process when you visit our Website, namely of any and all information which could directly or indirectly identify you.
Protecting the privacy of your personal data is very important to us, thus we have taken all appropriate measures in order to safeguard the security and confidentiality of the information related to visitors and/or users of our Website.
We kindly ask you to read the present Policy carefully, so as to be properly informed of your data privacy rights, as well as the personal data collected and processed throughout your visit across our Website and the use of our corresponding internet services.
The present Policy is deemed as a Notification of the data subjects under the articles 13-14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (ΕU) 679/2016. You may address any queries with respect to the present Policy or the way in which Wifins collects and processes your personal data to our Data Protection Officer, at: email@example.com.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
1. Information collected automatically when visiting and/or interacting with our Website
The scope and content of our Website is informative with respect to the consulting services provided by Wifins. Visiting the Website does not require the excplicit provision of personal data, however it may lead to the automatic collection of certain information which could directly or indirectly identify you, such as:
- Your IP address
- The type of your web-browser and your operating system
- The websites you visited before or after visiting our Website
- The speed of your connection and information regarding the software programs running on your P/C
- Basic information concerning your connection to the Server
2. Information you directly provide us with, upon consent:
- Content of the message
Should the user wish to express interest to attend a training seminar organized by Wifins, s/he is requested to fill in the respective communication form available on our Website, upon the submission of which and the user’s consent thereto, the Website collects the following personal data:
- Job title- Company
- Telephone number
- Title of seminar s/he wishes to attend
- Content of message
When you directly provide information to you, we make all reasonable efforts to clarify which information refers to minors. In any case, if it comes to our knowledge, that the collection of personal data of minors below the age of 15 years takes place without verifiable parental consent, pursuant to the provisions of article 8 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 679/2016 and to Law 4624/2019, we will delete said data without undue delay. Should you believe we have collected personal data of minors below the age of 15, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Communication purposes:
We use your personal data to communicate with you in relation to your request and to the provision of our services that fall within the scope of our business activities.
2. Statistical purposes:
In order to find out more about our Website’s user experience, we retain and analyze the data we collect in an aggregated form. For example, we may use this information in order to monitor and analyze the use and functionality of our Website, thus identifying its level of content engagement with the public, which in turn concludes the steps required towards securing its relevance with, and accessibility by, its visitors.
PROVISION OF CONSENT
Notwithstanding legal provisions of consent for unsolicited communications, the use of our Website entails the provision of your consent to the processing of your personal data as described above. Should you wish to revoke your consent, please address your relevant request to our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
Kindly be informed that any processing of personal data prior to the revocation of consent is deemed lawful.
You must refrain from visiting our Website, should you wish the information automatically collected therefrom, not to be collected and processed in any way.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Wifins will retain the personal data collected for the time absolutely necessary to serve the purposes of processing and to comply with its legal obligations, including the obligations for the retention of medical records, if applicable. In case you recall your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data, we will immediately delete your data from our electronical and physical records, unless its retention is necessary so as to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise, ground and defend our lawful rights and interests before the Court or any other Regulatory Authority.
USE AND EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
Wifins respects your right to privacy and uses your personal data solely for the purposes described above. We do not disclose, transfer of make your personal data accessible in any way to third parties, nor do we transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
We may only make information accessible to other companies, applications or persons under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose aggregated information which do not directly identify you to third parties, in order to be able to develop the content and services of our Website. Please note that we do not in any way disclose your contact details to third parties.
- We may use third parties (currently or in the future), for the provision of services in relation to our Website, such as technical support thereof, collection of analytical data, marketing activities, mass mailing of newsletters etc. Those third parties will only access the information absolutely necessary for the execution of their duties and only under explicit contractual terms for the protection of your privacy and your personal data.
- We may disclose personal data in order to investigate, prevent or act in relation to an illegal activity against the rights and legal interests of any natural person or legal entity, in breach of the Disclaimer of our Website or if required by law, as well as in any case deemed necessary under the principle of good faith.
- We may disclose personal data to abide by Court orders, research warrants, judicial procedures and other orders of the competent Regulatory Authorities, including the Greek Data Protection Authority, other Supervisory Authorities of EU Member States, as well as in order to defend our lawful interests from claims raised against us.
The Company is committed to safeguard the security of your personal data. To achieve this, we have adopted all appropriate technical and organizational measures, the adequacy of which we regularly audit, such as:
-SSL Protocol: The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Protocol used by our Website, is the current world standard for the certification of website users and the encryption of data between website users and web servers. An encrypted SSL communication protects personal data by requiring all information transferred between a customer and a server to be encrypted from the sender’s software and to be decrypted by the receiver’s software. In addition, all information sent through an SSL protocol is protected through a mechanism which automatically detects if the transferred data has been altered.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You may exercise the following data subject rights:
- Right of access, so as to be informed of the personal data we process, the purpose of processing and the recipient of data.
- Right to rectification, for the correction of any inaccurate information about you.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten), so as to ensure the erasure of your personal data from our files, so long as its processing is no longer necessary or obligatory for the compliance with a legal obligation of the Company or the defense of a lawful interest before the Court.
- Right to restriction of processing, in case the accuracy of your personal data is disputed.
- Right to data portability, so as to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object, if you no longer wish your personal data to be processed for direct marketing purposes. Please note that your personal data is not subject to profiling by Wifins, nor is it used for any marketing purpose whatsoever.
To exercise those rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wifins will make all reasonable efforts to address your request within the period of one month from receipt of the request. However, in case it is impossible to meet this deadline due to the complexity of your request or the number of simultaneous requests, Wifins will timely inform you within same deadline for the reasons of the delay and will make all reasonable efforts to address your request without undue delay and, in any case, within a period of two more months.
Wifins reserves the right not to satisfy your request, if manifestly unfounded or excessive, and will notify you accordingly.
Nevertheless, you have the right to file a complaint before the Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies perform lots of different and useful operations, such as remembering your historical preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best product and services.
More detailed information about the types of cookies we use and for what purposes, can be found in the below relevant section.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used on our Website may be generally categorized as follows:
Necessary Cookies. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. These cookies are essential to make our Website work correctly, they enable you to move around our Website and use our features.
Performance Cookies. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. These cookies collect information about how you use our websites, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our websites, and any issues encountered, such as error messages.
Functionality Cookies. The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you to provide a more personalized online experience.
Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our websites; or
Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below).
How can I control or delete cookies?
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
§ You can refuse your consent;
§ You can disable their use through your browser settings; or
§ You can use our cookie management tool to disable cookies.
Control via your browser settings
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. If you do not want our website to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on the Website, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of a website or you may not receive personalized information when you visit a website.
If you use different devices to view and access the Website (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
CHANGES OF THE PRESENT POLICY
Wifins reserves the right to freely modify the present Policy, in accordance with the provisions of data privacy laws anytime in force. The Visitors of our Website must frequently read the present Policy, so as to be informed of any change, whereas Wifins shall provide all necessary notices to its users, in order to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 679/2016.